Academic Advising Center
What is Academic Advising?
- We are here to help you reach your educational and career goals.
- We'll advise you on course schedules and other educational experiences.
- We'll help you understand the requirements and policies necessary to complete a degree in a timely manner.
How does Academic Advising work at Adams State?
- Every degree-seeking student is assigned at least one advisor.
- Students who have declared a major are assigned a faculty advisor in their department. Those students who are undeclared, and those students who are conditionally admitted, are assigned an advisor in the Academic Advising Center.
- Transfer students are initially assigned to the Transfer Student Coordinator and, later, assigned an appropriate advisor based upon their field of study.
What is the Advising PIN and How Do I Get It?
- It's a unique six-digit code generated each Fall and Spring semester for degree-seeking students.
- Your PIN is required for registration.
- To obtain your PIN you must be advised by your assigned advisor.