Getting Started


Apply for VA Benefits:

Apply for VA education benefits at

  • 22-1990 if you have served in the military and are applying for benefits for the first time
  • 22-1990e if you are a dependent who has had benefits transferred to you
  • 22-1995 if you are a veteran changing schools or degree program
  • 22-5490 if you are a dependent of a deceased or 100% disabled veteran applying for education benefits for the first time.
  • 22-5495 if you are a dependent changing schools or program
  • 28-1990 if you are a disabled veteran in need of vocational rehabilitation

Be sure to print out a copy of the application and bring it to the Veterans Clerk Office.

Other documentation needed are DD214(if you were discharged), marriage license(if your using your spouse's benefits) , and birth certificate(if you're using your parents benefits). If you are Selective Reserve or National Guard, you need to supply a NOBE which is obtained from your unit.

Register for Classes:

Register at the One Stop. Be sure to inform the Veterans Clerk of your registration and request that it be certified with the VA. Certification WILL NOT be done until written request is received to do so.

** You must make this request each semester, if you wish to have your registration/enrollment certified.  **

Report any Changes to Your Enrollment:

You must inform the Veterans Clerk of any changes to your registration (adding or dropping classes). These changes have to be reported to the VA.

Now Take the:

Contact Us if you have any Questions!