Graduate Degree Graduation Application Submission
The Intent to Graduate must be submitted by the due dates listed below. Applications received after these dates will be charged a $20 processing fee. You must also notify your academic department of your late application:
- Spring Graduation: January 31st
- Summer Graduation: June 1st
- Fall Graduation: August 31st
If you are a Master of Arts, Master of Science, or Doctor of Philosophy degree seeking student and plan to graduate, you must fill out the Intent to Graduate. Failure to complete this application in a timely manner will delay conferring of your degree and receipt of your diploma.
If you do not complete all degree requirements by the end of the semester in which you intend to graduate, you must complete another application to graduate in a subsequent semester. This application is good only for the semester indicated and does NOT automatically move to a later date.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all graduation requirements have been met.
Commencement ceremony for all graduate level students is held only in spring.
2017 Commencement Ceremony Information
- Spring 2017 Commencement Program
- Commencement Instructions
- 2017 Ordering for Cap, Gown and Hood
- Campus Map
- Alamosa Hotels
When: Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 1:30 p. m.
Where: Plachy Hall Fieldhouse
You must be at the Fieldhouse by 1:00 p. m. to begin formation of the procession. PLEASE be punctual.
We hope that you will attend and take part in the ceremony. The ceremony itself is a mixture of tradition and fun. We think you will enjoy seeing your professors in their academic attire and sharing this last ritual with your cohort and classmates. We do expect that the graduating class and the audience will refrain from any action or symbol which detracts from the approved program. Loud whoops and hollers from your loved ones are acceptable, however! The doors will be opened for families and guests at 12:45 pm.
At the ceremony, you will receive a diploma cover. Your actual diploma and an official transcript will be mailed to you approximately six to eight weeks after the ceremony, if you have met all of the graduation requirements. Be sure you have taken care of the items on the list below so there is no delay in receiving your diploma.
1. Ensure that all incompletes have been completed and grades turned in if the course is part of your degree plan.
2. If you are completing coursework at another institution during your final semester, ASU must receive an official transcript for that coursework by June 7, 2017 if the course is part of your degree plan. If we do not receive this by the deadline, you will be deleted from the spring graduation list and you must reapply to graduate for a subsequent semester.
3. All official transcripts for transfer courses must be sent to your advisor or to the Graduate School before graduation, unless currently enrolled (see #2).
4. All accounts must be cleared with Student Business Services, the Financial Aid Office, Perkins Loan Officer, and the Library before graduation. If not, a hold will be placed on your diploma and transcripts until your account is cleared.
5. Your diploma and transcript will be mailed to the address you listed on the graduation application. If your address has changed, please notify Karie Young at email@example.com.
6. Please remember, if you cannot meet these deadlines, you will be deleted from the spring graduation list and must apply to graduate for a subsequent semester.