Diversity in our Curriculum
There are several diversity courses for students to enroll in and for faculty to instruct at Adams State University.
- SOC 318: Race, Class, & Gender
- SOC 365: Race, Culture, & Ethnicity
- SOC 419: Gender & Society
- ECE 340: Diverse Families & Communities
- HPPE 380: Diversity & Equity in Sport & Society
- SPED 341: Special Education for the Diverse Student
Special Topics Diversity Courses:ID 179: "Lifeways of the SLV"
This interdisciplinary offering explores the
cultural richness of the San Luis Valley within the context of the multitude of
Southwestern and Upper Rio Grande traditions. The San Luis Valley geography,
ecology, languages and literature, along with other elements of regional
heritage, such as acequia
will be studied and exemplified in order to better understand local values and
spiritual expressions of place. The class will be augmented by guest
presentations, films, and community participation as well as by fieldtrips.
Students will be encouraged to enhance the curriculum with their own personal