Great Stories on Walls in Halls
In 2006, a member of the ASU Foundation Board, Dr. Bob Pollard ’61, noticed that ASU was limited on the number of awards honoring alumni, faculty and friends.
Dr. Pollard recognized that many of the great stories of ASU would never be told if we did not provide the opportunity. Great Stories on Walls in Halls was created to provide that opportunity.
The program is simple and begins with an unrestricted gift to the ASU Foundation of at least $5,000. We will then need a professional quality 8 x 10 picture and your written story of 200 words or less.
You may provide an extended story to be included in the Great Stories on Walls in Halls book in the ASU Foundation office. The ASU Foundation will have the photo and story matted, and the picture will be displayed in the Student Union Building in our designated hallway.
The Donor will provide:
- A gift of at least $5,000 unrestricted dollars made payable to the ASU Foundation (a portion of your contribution is tax deductible). The Adams State Foundation is a non-profit charitable foundation organized under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Up to 200 words portraying the great story
of the individual being honored. (Please
note that the stories will be edited by our
communications office staff. They will be
sensitive to retain the tone of the story while
possibly making changes to adhere to ASU’s
standards for print communications.)
- A professional quality 8 x 10 picture.
ASU Foundation will:
- Provide a consistent frame and matting with glare-free photo-protective glass.
- Hang the picture for perpetuity, unless determined otherwise by the Board of Trustees, in the Walls in Halls section in the Student Union Building. (Note: if remodeling or removal of the building occurs, the picture will be relocated.) Maintenance of the picture will be the responsibility of ASU.
- Arrange a gathering/unveiling at a cost not
to exceed 5%.
- Produce an article for the A-Stater magazine and appropriate newspapers