Undergraduate Teacher Education
The Teacher Education program at Adams State University will provide you with the tools to become a knowledgeable K - 12 professional who can facilitate learning for all students.
Our department is committed to student learning, quality teaching, and developing the next generation of educational leaders and practitioners.
We will prepare you for the challenges and rewards of the teaching profession.
The Teacher Education Department of Adams State University is dedicated to inspiring and empowering the cultivation of educational leaders who embrace diversity, facilitate change, and contribute to the learning and inclusion of all students, particularly in rural regions.
To leave a legacy by elevating the teaching profession and building strategic community partnerships that promote relationships, inclusivity, innovation, and lifelong learning for future generations of educators.
- Intercultural knowledge and competence
- Integrative learning
- Inquiry and Analysis
- Team work
- Lifelong learning
- Civic Engagement
Our Program Offers:
- Clinical based teacher preparation model (more time with kids, less time in class)
- Theory to practice
- K-12 (Art, Physical Education, Music)
- Secondary (Business, English, Theater, Social Studies, Mathematics, Science)
- Work with student populations with special needs and/or culturally and linguistically diverse populations
- Field placements throughout the program
- Instructional Coaching
- Teacher Education Club
- Teacher Education First Year Interest Group
Tue Sep 11, 8:00am
Tue Sep 18, 8:00am