Candidates Seeking Admission
to the Graduate Teacher Education Program
Summer Cohort application deadline is March 15th
- This includes the completion of the:
and submission of ALL admission documents.
Graduate Teacher Education Master of Arts
- The program encourages applications from individuals who have strong academic and professional backgrounds and have demonstrated potential to contribute to the field of education.
Candidates are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Past academic performance, including areas of academic strength, with greater weight given to current course work
- Personal statements included in student's letter of intent listing goals, accomplishments and experience
- Letters of recommendation. We consider the comments made by others who can evaluate the applicant's accomplishments, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership potential
The following are required to begin the application process:
- An current Professional Teachers License
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0
If the GPA is between 2.75 and 2.99, the student must take the
GRE with a minimum score of 1250 or obtain a passing score on
the MAT. At this time, the candidate is conditionally admitted and
must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA from then on.