HEAL Graduate Admission Requirements
Students desiring to enroll in a Master's Degree program in Higher Education Administration & Leadership (HEAL) must hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education (for Executive Leadership Institute (ELI) option - hold a master’s degree or higher). Candidates must currently hold a position within an institution of higher education (some exceptions may apply).
A candidate who is interested in enrolling at Adams State University to pursue a Master of Arts degree in Higher Education Administration & Leadership must:
1. Complete the:
2. Pay the $30 non-refundable application fee.
3. Submit ALL supplemental admission documents online:
These documents include:
- Resume / curriculum vita, which focuses on your unique strengths and accomplishments in academics, as a volunteer, and professionally.
- Letter of intent.
- Essay (2-3 pages in length) addressing specifically how do you see yourself improving educational opportunities for Latino/a students in the future. The Essay will be used to assess writing skills for eligibility into the program.
- Two (2) letters of reference. The letters must include contact information for the reference. Letters of reference must outline the student's strengths and weaknesses; likely success in a graduate program; and what they will bring to the field of higher education. One (1) letter of reference should be from an immediate and/or current supervisor.
4. Send ALL official transcripts from previously attended institutions.
Transcripts from ASU need not be requested. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted. International transcripts must be evaluated by an approved international credential evaluator. Please have all official transcripts sent directly from the institutions to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (for electronic official transcripts)
Adams State University
Office of Graduate Studies
208 Edgemont Blvd., Suite 2300
Alamosa, CO 81101
- Additional information may be requested by the Higher Education Administration & Leadership Director before an admission decision can be determined.
- Candidates should have an undergraduate G.P.A. of 3.0, the last 30 credit hours of the degree.
- Those candidates with a G.P.A. lower than 3.0 may be conditionally admitted until after the first semester, at which time evidence is provided as to the ability to do graduate level work and admission requirements will be reviewed again.